Für Deutsch bitte hier klicken
Want to gain first-hand work experience in a German company?
» Download the 2016 EIEM Flyer» Download the 2016 EIEM Poster
Come to Mittelhessen – the strong industrial region just north of Frankfurt/Main.
The partner companies of our dual study programme offer exchange students placements in Business Administration, Engineering and Civil Engineering/ Architecture.
The work placements are accredited modules of StudiumPlus and participants will be enrolled as exchange students of StudiumPlus and THM (Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences). Following an intensive German language course, that will also help settle into life in Germany, participants will work full-time in our partner companies from October until December.
- 1st September to 31st December (extension for obligatory placements possible)
- Salary October to December amounts to € 2,200 total
- Intensive German language course in September
(the company will cover part of the cost, a fee of € 430 remains with you)
- Enrolment as a full-time exchange student of THM (semester social fee approx. € 220)
- Work within a team on projects with the support of a university professor and a company supervisor (Oct.-Dec.)
- Gain up to 24 ECTS (placement: write a project report and present it 20 ECTS; language course 4 ECTS)
- Join the Buddy Programme to facilitate intercultural exchange and to get support for your start in Germany
- Enjoy free public transport in the greater Rhine-Main region (RMV)
- Enrolment as a full-time student at a partner university of THM during the EIEM programme (while at THM you will additionally be enrolled as an exchange student of THM)
- German language level A2 or higher
- English language level B2 or higher
- Participation in the International Summer Course Gießen (an intensive German language course - see below)
Application for Wintersemester 2016/17 (continuously updated):
Application (Deadline 31st March 2016) must include:
- Application form
- Letter of motivation in English and German
- CV in English and German
- Transcript of records
- Language certificates for English and German (Please ask a lecturer of your home university to fill in the form provided here)
To join the programme you need to take part in the International Summer Course Gießen in September:» goto the International Summer Course in Gießen
- Costs for you: € 430 (the company will also contribute to the total costs of the course)
- Accommodation in student halls of residence, rates vary
- 4 ECTS can be gained
Depending on the location of the company you will be assigned to, you can
- stay in student halls of residence and travel on local transport
- receive help from your placement company to find appropriate accommodation nearby
Financial Aspects for EIEM participants:
Please be aware of the following costs and income linked to the programme
- Salary October to December amounts to € 2,200 total (Please note, voluntary placements which are not embedded in the curriculum of your degree are subject to German social insurance contribution)
- Semester social fee: approx. € 220 (due prior to enrolment)
- International Summer Course Gießen: € 430
- Cost of living including accomodation
Cost of Living:
For an estimate please visit the website of the THM International Office »goto THM International Office
or the website of the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) »goto DAAD
General Information on StudiumPlus
StudiumPlus - a branch of Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen (THM University of Applied Science) - offers unique and innovative dual study programmes in close cooperation with more than 600 partner companies. StudiumPlus students are nominated and employed by companies for their entire study programme (both Bachelor and Master).
Bachelor students work full time in their respective company during semester breaks and for an entire project semester, whereas during lecture periods they follow full time studies on campus. The practical phases in the companies are accredited modules within the degrees’ curricula including a written report on the completed project and often a presentation as well. A university professor and a company supervisor support and accompany the students and grade the projects.
The intensive, practical study programmes of StudiumPlus bring first-class academic education close to students and companies in Wetzlar and in our five local branch campuses all over Hesse. The close contact between professors, lecturers, advisors from industry and students is fostered intensely.